[Numpy-discussion] convert pair of real arrays -> cmplx

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Nov 19 14:01:19 CST 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 07:15, Neal Becker <ndbecker2@gmail.com> wrote:
> What's the best way to convert a pair of real arrays representing real and imag parts to a complex array?

What do you mean by "best"? Easiest to type? Easiest to read? Fastest?
Memory efficient?

Ideally, they'd all be the same, but alas, they are not. Here are two
possibilities:

z = real +1j*imag

z = np.empty(real.shape, complex)
z.real = real
z.imag = imag

You can wrap the latter into a function, and then you probably would
have the best of both worlds.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."