[Numpy-discussion] question about the documentation of linalg.solve

Wed Nov 19 17:30:01 CST 2008

On Wed, Nov 19, 2008 at 02:27:11PM -0500, Alan G Isaac wrote:
> So my question is not just what is the algorithm
> but also, what is the documentation goal?

That's a good question. I feel the documentation should be as precise as
possible, and thus answer this question. Currently it doesn't, but that's
just a general sign that our docs are severely lacking.

The problem is that we are lacking man-power to write and improve them.
This is one of the reason we have deployed the doc server that allows you
to easily improve the numpy docs. To improve this doc to raise it to the
standards you believe are suited, it is has easy as getting a logging on
the server, and editing:
http://docs.scipy.org/numpy/docs/numpy.linalg.linalg.solve/

The changes are reviewed, so don't hesitate.

Gaël