[Numpy-discussion] glibc memory corruption when running numpy.test()

David Cournapeau cournapeau@cslab.kecl.ntt.co...
Thu Nov 20 01:52:15 CST 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-19 at 23:41 -0800, Hoyt Koepke wrote:
> Attached.
>
> I had a bunch of issues getting things to install with lapack and
> ATLAS.

Which ones ?

>   In the end I had to specify the following environment
> variables (+ appropriate command line options to ATLAS & lapack) to
> get it to work.  If there's an easier way, let me know.

You should not do that, it won't work as you would expect. It is a good
rule to assume that you should never set the *FLAGS variable unless you
really know what you are doing.

First, can you try without any blas/lapack (Do BLAS=None LAPACK=None
ATLAS=None python setup.py ....) ? Also, please note that ATLAS 3.9.4 is
a development version; you should use 3.8.2 instead,

David