[Numpy-discussion] linalg.norm missing an 'axis' kwarg?!

Hans Meine meine@informatik.uni-hamburg...
Thu Nov 20 12:45:47 CST 2008

On Donnerstag 20 November 2008, Alan G Isaac wrote:
> On 11/20/2008 5:11 AM Hans Meine apparently wrote:
> > I have a 2D matrix comprising a sequence of vectors, and I want to
> > compute the norm of each vector.  np.linalg.norm seems to be the best
> > bet, but it does not support axis.  Wouldn't this be a nice feature?
>
> Of possible use until then:
> http://docs.scipy.org/doc/numpy/reference/generated/numpy.apply_along_axis.html

Thanks for the hint, yes as you see I have already patched norm() in the
meantime.

BTW: Wow, this is an exceptionally nice doc page, sphinx + scipy's doc system
really rocks! :-)

Ciao, /  /                                                    .o.
    /  / ANS                                                  ooo