[Numpy-discussion] status of numpy 1.3.0

Jarrod Millman millman@berkeley....
Mon Nov 24 05:34:03 CST 2008

Now that scipy 0.7.0b1 has been tagged, I wanted to start planning for
the NumPy 1.3.0:
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/milestone/1.3.0

The original plan was to release 1.3 at the end of November.  At this
point, we are going to have to push back the release date a bit.  I
would like to get 1.3 out ASAP, so I would like aim for the third week
of December.

This is how I see the current development trunk:
  * 2.6 compatablity (Linux 32- and 64-bit done, Windows 32-bit done,
Mac 32-bit done)
  * Generalized Ufuncs (committed)
  * Ufunc clean-up (committed)
  * Refactoring numpy.core math configuration (?? bump to 1.4 ??)
  * Improvements to build warnings (?? bump to 1.4 ??)
  * Histogram (committed)
  * NumPy testing improvements
(http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/ticket/957)
  * Documentation improvements
  * MaskedArray improvements
  * Bugfixes

Am I missing anything?  Is there anything else that we should get in
before releasing 1.3?  Does it seem reasonable that we could release
1.3 during the third week of December?  Who will have time to work on
NumPy for the next month?

Thanks,

--
Jarrod Millman