[Numpy-discussion] PIL.Image.fromarray bug in numpy interface

Jim Vickroy Jim.Vickroy@noaa....
Mon Nov 24 09:32:39 CST 2008

Hello,

While using the PIL interface to numpy, I rediscovered a logic error in
the PIL.Image.fromarray() procedure.  The problem (and a solution) was
mentioned earlier at:

    * http://projects.scipy.org/pipermail/numpy-discussion/2006-December/024903.html

There does not seem to be a formal way to report errors to the PIL
project, and I was told that the PIL/numpy interface was contributed by
the numpy developers so I'm reporting it here.

Please let me know if there is something additional I should do.

Thanks,
-- jv

P.S.
FWIW, I'm using:

    * Python version: 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Feb 21 2008, 13:11:45) [MSC
      v.1310 32 bit (Intel)]
    * numpy version:  1.2.1
    * PIL version:    1.1.6