[Numpy-discussion] status of numpy 1.3.0

Mon Nov 24 10:01:12 CST 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 4:34 AM, Jarrod Millman <millman@berkeley.edu>wrote:

> Now that scipy 0.7.0b1 has been tagged, I wanted to start planning for
> the NumPy 1.3.0:
> http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/milestone/1.3.0
>
> The original plan was to release 1.3 at the end of November.  At this
> point, we are going to have to push back the release date a bit.  I
> would like to get 1.3 out ASAP, so I would like aim for the third week
> of December.
>
> This is how I see the current development trunk:
>  * 2.6 compatablity (Linux 32- and 64-bit done, Windows 32-bit done,
> Mac 32-bit done)
>  * Generalized Ufuncs (committed)

The generalized ufunc tests have a blas linkage problem at the moment. I've
commented out the call/build code to work on other things but it need to be
fixed for release. The problem is finding the proper name in the library to
link to and is likely one of those _ fortran thingies. I think the fix can
probably be found in the the lapack_lite module.

Chuck