[Numpy-discussion] Numpy on Mac OS X python 2.6

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Tue Nov 25 10:55:43 CST 2008

On Wed, Nov 26, 2008 at 12:59 AM, Charles R Harris
<charlesr.harris@gmail.com> wrote:

> Apart from the Mac, the ppc can be configured to run either bigendian or
> littleendian, so the hardware encompasses more than just the cpu, it's the
> whole darn board.

Yep, many CPU families have double endian support (MIPS, ARM, PA-RISC,
ALPHA. There is also "mixed" endian. Honestly, I think it is safe to
assume that we don't need to care so much about those configurations
for the time being. If it is a problem, we can then discuss about our
headers being endian-free (which is really the best approach).

David