[Numpy-discussion] More loadtxt() changes

Pierre GM pgmdevlist@gmail....
Thu Nov 27 02:18:24 CST 2008

On Nov 27, 2008, at 3:08 AM, Manuel Metz wrote:

> Certainly, yes! Dealing with fixed-length fields would be necessary.
> The
> case I had in mind had both -- a separator ("|") __and__ fixed-length
> fields -- and is probably very special in that sense. But such
> data-files exists out there...

Well, if you have a non-space delimiter, it doesn't matter if the
fields have a fixed length or not, does it? Each field is stripped
anyway.
The real issue is when the delimiter is ' '... I should be able to
take care of that over the week-end (which started earlier today over
here :)