[Numpy-discussion] error importing a f2py compiled module.

Fabrice Silva silva@lma.cnrs-mrs...
Sat Nov 29 09:44:28 CST 2008

Hi all,
I am facing this old problem again :

Fabrice Silva a écrit :
> Dear all
> I've tried to run f2py on a fortran file which used to be usable from
> python some months ago.
> Following command line are applied with success (no errors raised) :
>         f2py -m modulename -c --f90exec=gnu95 tmpo.f
>
> When importing in Python with "import modulename", I have an
> ImportError:
>         Traceback (most recent call last):
>           File "Solveur.py", line 44, in <module>
>             import modulename as Modele
>         ImportError: modulename.so: failed to map segment from shared
>         object: Operation not permitted

A way of solving this issue was to move the shared object file to
another directory. But I want to figure out what is happening exactly.
Googling a lot indicates that selinux would be the cause of this
issue...
Has anyone a suggestion?
--
Fabrice Silva <silva@lma.cnrs-mrs.fr>