[Numpy-discussion] Help to process a large data file

frank wang f.yw@hotmail....
Wed Oct 1 20:27:27 CDT 2008

Hi,

I have a large data file which contains 2 columns of data. The two columns only have zero and one. Now I want to cound how many one in between if both columns are one. For example, if my data is:

1 0
0 0
1 1
0 0
0 1    x
0 1    x
0 0
0 1    x
1 1
0 0
0 1    x
0 1    x
1 1

Then my count will be 3 and 2 (the numbers with x).

Are there an efficient way to do this? My data file is pretty big.

Thanks

Frank