[Numpy-discussion] Proposal: scipy.spatial

David Bolme bolme1234@comcast....
Thu Oct 2 14:40:07 CDT 2008

I also like the idea of a scipy.spatial library.  For the research I
do in machine learning and computer vision we are often interested in
specifying different distance measures.  It would be nice to have a
way to specify the distance measure.  I would like to see a standard
set included: City Block, Euclidean, Correlation, etc as well as a
capability for a user defined distance or similarity function.