[Numpy-discussion] cannot find numpy 1.2 for python 2.6 on window

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Sat Oct 4 18:28:01 CDT 2008

On Sat, Oct 4, 2008 at 13:14, Daniel Wolff <daniel.wolff@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello, I recently upgraded to python 2.6. I cannot seem to find the
> appropriate numpy install file. I tried to make use of the .exe built for
> python 2.5 but the installer hung. Any suggestions? Regards, Daniel

Right, you can't use a binary installer meant for Python 2.5 with
Python 2.6. The binaries aren't compatible. If you do not want to
build from source, you will have to wait for the volunteer
binary-builders to get around to making a Python 2.6 installer.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco