[Numpy-discussion] matlab ss2tf in python/symbols in linear algebra/transfer functions

Fri Oct 10 07:03:42 CDT 2008

Gael Varoquaux wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 04:02:21AM -0700, Scott Askey wrote:
>
>>> Subject: matlab ss2tf in python/symbol in linear algebra/transfer functions
>>> To: numpy-discussion@scipy.org
>>> Date: Thursday, October 9, 2008, 5:36 PM
>>> Is there a clever way to do symbolic linear algebra with
>>> python? What is the prober tool for doing linear algebra
>>> with matrices containing symbols?
>>>

> Have a look at sympy: http://code.google.com/p/sympy/

Also, depending on usecase, perhaps Sage: www.sagemath.org

If the symbols happen to be restricted to polynomials over the same
variables, for instance, then I think Sage likely has highly optimized
algorithms for dealing with those (though I didn't try it).

Dag Sverre