[Numpy-discussion] Using 2-D arrays in Numeric Python (numpy)

Linda Seltzer lseltzer@alumni.caltech....
Mon Oct 13 13:36:47 CDT 2008

Christopher Barker wrote:
> No matter how you slice it, you're going to need to learn a bit about
> computer programming in general, and python in particular, in order to
> be productive with numpy.
WHERE IS THE MODERATOR?
I deserve not to be insulted in front of the professional community with
personal slurs such as this.
My computer programming background includes thorough training in C at Bell
Labs in the early days, and experience developing more than 65,000 lines
of code.  My software in C was used in the AT&T telephone network, the
Sprint network operations system, and the Silicon Graphics workstation.
My assembly language DSP software is running in the Coast Guard
communications system that coordinated the ship locations during Katrina.
I got a large memory physical chemistry simulation to run at Princeton
University, which enabled a chemistry lab to obtain results a year ahead
of other universities. I have a long record of doing accurate, high
quality work on algorithms and software and I would appreciate it if
persons on this list would provide technical information only and stop
making snide, superior personal comments and slours about a person's
knowledge, background or ability.  Also, I do not appreciate personal
comments alleging that I am being overly sensitive.  Where is the
moderator during all of this?
I asked professional, technical questions and I expect professional,
technical answers.