[Numpy-discussion] Need **working** code example of 2-D arrays

Daran Rife daranrife@gmail....
Mon Oct 13 16:24:51 CDT 2008

Ordinarily I avoid becoming involved in such acrimony, but I take this
single
opportunity to state clearly that I find Linda Seltzer's behavior utterly
rude
and childish.

Having been a "member" of this mailing list for over 6 years, I take
exception
to the pointless ranting and vitriolic comments of people, like Linda, who
are
using NumPy/SciPy, and demand immediate attention to their special problem,
while hurling false accusations, and creating hard feelings among the comm-
unity. NumPy and SciPy are software packages of the highest caliber that
have
been  produced, supported, and nurtured by a community of -volunteers- at no
cost to the users.

In siutations like this, it may be helpful to review proper etiquette and
the fun-
damental purpose for mailing/support lists of open source tools. Two docum-
ents that help reaffirm what this list is all about can be found below.

Linda, I highly recommend you read the sections titled "Dealing with
rudeness"
and "On not acting like a loser" of the following document:

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html<http://www.catb.org/%7Eesr/faqs/smart-questions.html>

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#keepcool<http://www.catb.org/%7Eesr/faqs/smart-questions.html#keepcool>
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#not_losing<http://www.catb.org/%7Eesr/faqs/smart-questions.html#not_losing>

You might also benefit from seeing things from the perspective of
developers,
who again, volunteer their precious time to developing and supporting open
source
software, so that you can do your work more efficiently and smartly. Give
this a
read over a cup of tea:

http://math-atlas.sourceforge.net/faq.html#utone

Perhaps when you calm down, and allow yourself to reflect upon this
experience,
you will realize how badly you've behaved to a group of professional,
friendly
people whose only desire is to support and nuture a great tool.

I will say nothing more about this topic, and under no circumstances will I
reply to
future messages from Linda Seltzer.

Daran