[Numpy-discussion] Need **working** code example of 2-D arrays

Peter Wang pwang@enthought....
Mon Oct 13 16:30:16 CDT 2008

On Oct 13, 2008, at 4:16 PM, Linda Seltzer wrote:

> Alan, Stop tuyrning this around.  Stop referring to my request as an
> accusation and stop referring to your put-downs as a "correction."

Linda, from what I can tell, the tone in this discussion thread
changed from the "professional", "technical" mode with this statement:

> Please, no demeaning statements like "you forgot a parenthesis" or
> "you
> were using someone else's code" - just the lines of code for a file
> that
> actually *works.*

The folks on this list are a very friendly and helpful bunch, and I
think some of them did not take well to your implying that they were
demeaning to you.  You might not have meant it to be accusatory, but
it certainly seems to have been interpreted that way.

Further appeals to a non-existent "moderator" and typing in ALL CAPS
only fanned the flames, and so I think perhaps it would be good if
folks just stepped back from the keyboard a bit and took some deep
breaths.

Also, Linda, I would like to stress that although this mailing list is
an open, unmoderated forum for technical discussion, even the veterans
don't go about making proclamations about what people should and
should not post... I think if you stick to asking technical questions,
people will respond in kind.

-Peter