[Numpy-discussion] Memmapping .npy

Mon Oct 20 14:30:28 CDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 20, 2008 at 02:27:54PM -0500, Robert Kern wrote:
> > If yes why isn't it exposed in numpy.load? If not, the questions
> > above apply.

> I have no idea. I didn't write that code.

Robert, you know these things way better than me, so please pardon my
stupid question:

  Would it be desirable to expose memmapping in numpy.load? Or is this
  going to drive us into problems?

If it would be desireable, I could try to find time for a patch. I could
use this in my work, and if I am going to implement it, I might as well
do it for everybody.

Gaël