[Numpy-discussion] Sparse N-dim arrays support?

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Oct 22 15:17:21 CDT 2008

On Wed, Oct 22, 2008 at 15:09, Yakov Keselman <yakov.keselman@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> I wonder if support for generic N-dimensional arrays has been added to
> NumPy since January 2003 (the last time this question was asked in
> this newsgroup).

No.

> If not, is there some interest in trying to add this
> data structure to NumPy?

There is certainly interest in seeing it done. None of that has
materialized into actions, though. If you're willing to spearhead the
implementation effort, I'm sure many people will be delighted to help,
though.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."