[Numpy-discussion] How to do: y[y<T] = y+T

Gabriel Gellner ggellner@uoguelph...
Mon Oct 27 06:47:48 CDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 12:41:06PM +0100, Nicolas ROUX wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I hope this is not a silly question ;-)
> I have a Numpy array, and I want to process it with :
>   "if the value is lower than Threshold, then increase by Threshold"
>

> I would like to translate it as:
>  y[y<Treshold] = y + Treshold

You are close, you just need to have the right hand side also use vector
indexing (since otherwise you are trying to add something of length y to a
subset of y):

    y[y < Threshold] = y[y < Threshold] + Threshold

Gabriel