[Numpy-discussion] Floating Point Difference between numpy and numarray

Thu Sep 4 08:01:57 CDT 2008

Hanni Ali wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way I can set numpy to use dtype='float64' throughout all
> my code or force it to use the biggest datatype without adding the
> dtype='float64' to every call to mean, stdev etc..

Since it is the default type for the functions you mention, you can just
remove any call to dtype, but removing all the call to dtype='float64'
is not much less work than replacing dtype = 'float32' :) More
seriously, depending on your program, it may not be doable 100 %
automatically.

cheers,

David