[Numpy-discussion] numpy build on windows

Fri Sep 5 07:11:35 CDT 2008

Miroslav Sabljic wrote:

> Thanks for the info. It would certanly be bad news for me if numpy
> really can't be build with VS 2008. I will try with numpy 1.1.1 and
> see what happens.

The code itself will have to be buildable with VS 2008 (if only because
of python 2.6, for which VS 2008 will be the default compiler), so it
will happen eventually.

The problem is that distutils is really inflexible, and it is hard to
know how to have it do what you want; I unfortunately don't have the
time to build a VS 2008 python ATM. If you can't get further, don't
hesitate to ask again in a few days,

cheers,

David