[Numpy-discussion] mixed-EOL problems w/

Mon Sep 8 18:32:37 CDT 2008

Jarrod Millman wrote:
> However, this doesn't work for SciPy due to a mixed-EOL issue:
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/launchpad-cscvs/+bug/256050
>
> Colin Watson has recently volunteered to look into fixing this issue
> and was asking if anyone had a preference about how this should be
> solved.

I vote for:

"blatting all the newlines in the file into the native format"

then you're really fixing the problem, not putting it off.

Funny, I'm right in the middle of dealing with eol issues on a unrelated
SVN project -- I'd really be much happier if SVN just did what CVS did
-- this is far more painful. It's just not that hard to go back and fix
it if you accidentally put a binary file in as text. Oh well.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker@noaa.gov