[Numpy-discussion] upcoming 1.2.0rc2 (1.2.0 final soon to follow)!

Jarrod Millman millman@berkeley....
Mon Sep 8 18:45:57 CDT 2008

Hello,

There have been a few updates to the 1.2.x branch that resolve some
issues with the last release candidate:
 - a loadtxt regression:  http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/changeset/5790
 - a knownfailureif decorator was added:
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/changeset/5792
  - and used for a known Window's issue:
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/changeset/5795
 - a numscons build directory issue:
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/changeset/5794

There are no other issues that I am aware of that would block a final
release.  If you know of a major regression or bug that would
constitute a release blocker, please let me know ASAP.  Otherwise I
will tag a 1.2.0rc2 later tonight and announce it tomorrow.  Assuming
there are no new issues with the new release candidate, I plan to tag
the final 1.2.0 release on Sunday.

Also,  please take a look at the release notes and let me know if
anything needs to be changed or added:
http://projects.scipy.org/scipy/numpy/milestone/1.2.0

Thanks,

--