[Numpy-discussion] patch for new mgrid / ogrid functionality

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Sat Sep 13 13:49:44 CDT 2008

2008/9/13 Travis E. Oliphant <oliphant@enthought.com>:
> Generally, it is O.K. except that he changes the output from a numpy
> array to a list of numpy arrays.  This is a small change, but it is an
> API change.   I'm not sure why he found it necessary to do that, but it
> would be easier to apply the patch if it didn't change the API.

The example he gave illustrated having a mixed bag of types in one
grid.  You can do that with two arrays, but not one, unless you use
object-arrays for everything.  Maybe that makes sense.

Cheers
Stéfan