[Numpy-discussion] math directive, rest files and sphinx

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Mon Sep 15 04:32:29 CDT 2008

2008/9/15 David Cournapeau <david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp>:
>    I have to confess I am not always up-to-date to the whole
> documentation effort, and I have a problem in one of my package with the
> math directive. Can I use it for 'complex' latex, like linear algebra
> stuff (things like array environment, etc...); I don't intend to use it
> in docstring themselves, but in rst document generated by sphinx. I
> could not make it work with the numpydoc and mathml sphinx extensions
> from the numpyref project,

It should work, as long as you include the necessary packages in your
LaTeX preamble, which is included in the Sphinx project config file.
Could you give a bit more info on what exactly breaks?

Cheers
Stéfan