[Numpy-discussion] numpy.linalg.eig

Tommy Carstensen e-alerts@proteinkemi...
Mon Sep 15 09:50:01 CDT 2008

To the numpy mailing list,

Previously I used python2.3 and the module LinearAlgebra for matrix
diagonalization. I recently upgraded to python2.5 and I am now using
numpy.linalg.eig for matrix diagonalization. This is approximately 3 times
slower than previously. I am using the same work station as previously and
it has all lapack libraries installed to my knowledge. Does anyone have an
explanation as to why I am experiencing the reduced speed of calculation?

This is my first post to this mailing list, so I hope this mail complies
with the mailing list standards.

Kind regards,
Tommy

Tommy Carstensen
UCD School of Biomolecular and Biomedical Sciences
Conway Institute
University College Dublin Dublin 4, Ireland

http://enzyme.ucd.ie/group_members/tommy