[Numpy-discussion] profiling line by line

Robin robince@gmail....
Mon Sep 15 11:38:14 CDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 5:13 PM, Arnar Flatberg
<arnar.flatberg@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 5:18 PM, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> I do have some Cython code that
>> does this. It needs a little bit more work, though. I'll try to push
>> it out soonish.
>
> That would make me an extremely happy user, I've been looking for this for
> years!
> I can't imagine I'm the only one who profiles some hundred lines of code and
> ends up with 90% of total time in the dot-function

Yes, that would be terrific - the profiler is about the only thing I
miss from Matlab... Especially after an afternoon of refactoring
everything into tiny functions to get anything useful out of the
normal profiler and see where the bottleneck in my code was.

Robin