[Numpy-discussion] math directive, rest files and sphinx

Stéfan van der Walt stefan@sun.ac...
Tue Sep 16 09:39:29 CDT 2008

2008/9/16 David Cournapeau <david@ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp>:
>> I expanded the mathml module in the reference guide source to handle
>> constructs as they came up.  I never did try to do matrices, though,
>> so it's quite likely that it hasn't been implemented.
>
> Does that mean you have to implement latex parsing by yourself ?

That's what mathml.py does already, but you'll have to modify it.

> I don't think I am entitled to make any decision here: I have no
> knowledge of the stack involved here. I can only confirm than using
> sphinx 0.5 (the dev version) does work for latex constructs; I could not
> make the JS backend work, but again, I know nothing about web frameworks
> and co, and I guess setting up a webserver for this to work to be
> trivial for anyone who knows his stuff here.

Pauli used dvipng to do it on the web framework, and that worked very
well.  Maybe we should just switch and save ourselves a big of
headache.

Cheers
Stéfan