[Numpy-discussion] building numpy locally but get error: undefined symbol: zgesdd_

Wed Sep 17 05:08:47 CDT 2008

Francis wrote:
> In general the IT dep. don't want changes since changes require weeks
> of testing to make sure that existing applications are not
> conflicting, etc.

I feel your pain.

In such case, I ask if it is possible to ask for vmware installation:
nowadays, cpu are fast enough such as running linux inside linux is
fast, and inside your vmware installation, you install your own things.

Still, as a numpy/scipy developer, it is quite frustrating that a user
have to install sage, a third-party software, to make numpy/scipy work...

cheers,

David