[Numpy-discussion] profiling line by line

Arnar Flatberg arnar.flatberg@gmail....
Wed Sep 17 07:12:01 CDT 2008

On Wed, Sep 17, 2008 at 3:56 AM, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:

> So, I could use some comments on the workflow. Does this look sensible
> to everyone? How else would you like to use it?

Works for me. I would love to use it as a part of an ipython session.
Initially, I sprinkled som $profile in
a library of my own, then I thought I would use the -s (SETUP) option to
initialize some data to pass into the $profiled functions. However, I have
probably misunderstood the meaning of the -s option. Could you give an
example of its use? I ended in doing a %edit in ipython to write a small
test script with testdata and library imports, used kernprof.py and
view_line_prof.py from ipython and captured the output from view_line_prof
into ipython. Pheew .... now, there's perhaps an easier way?

BTW, in the requirements you may want to mention argparse
(view_line_prof.py)

Thanks for sharing !

Arnar