[Numpy-discussion] complex roots() segfault on Solaris 10/x86 with numpy 1.2.rc1 using python 2.5.2

Tue Sep 23 00:31:51 CDT 2008

Michael Abshoff wrote:

> Sorry for not being precise: Both python and numpy have been build with
>
> OPT=-DNDEBUG -g -O0 -fwrapv -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes

Hm, strange. I don't know why you can't get any debug info, then.

> i.e. "-O0" instead of "-O3". I am using ATLAS and netlib.org Lapack, so
> I will rebuild everything and run the BLAS as well as Lapack testers to
> make 100% sure everything is on working correctly. Since the above
> python is part of a Sage build and passes 99% of Sage's doctests I am
> pretty sure that ATLAS and Lapack do work, but one never knows. Since I
> am sleepy I will do all that tomorrow.

It is indeed very likely the problem is there: typically, problem when
passing complex number at the C/Fortran, this kind of thing.

> Ok. Which compiler did you use?

gcc 3.4 (the one give by open solaris by default), no blas/lapack. I
actually would try this configuration first (no blas/lapack at all), to
be sure it is blas/lapack or us.

cheers,

David