[Numpy-discussion] complex roots() segfault on Solaris 10/x86 with numpy 1.2.rc1 using python 2.5.2

Tue Sep 23 03:39:11 CDT 2008

Michael Abshoff wrote:

> So it looks like gfortran 4.2.4 on Solaris + "-O3" miscompiles lapack,
> which is honestly unbelievable considering netlib.org lapack+BLAS are
> the yard stick for any Fortran compiler.

Well, not many people use gfortran on Solaris, I would guess. Another
problem with BLAS/LAPACK is that the testsuite is not really usable: it
breaks on every platform I have used it (tens if not hundred of tests
are broken).

cheers,

David