[Numpy-discussion] python 2.4 incompatibility in numpy.lookfor in numpy 1.2.0rc2

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Tue Sep 23 15:35:29 CDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 15:18, joep <josef.pktd@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I was trying to use lookfor on python 2.4 and got an exception with
> np.lookfor because of a missing method in pkgutil that was added in
> python 2.5.

Hmmm. Unfortunately, that's an intrinsic part of the lookfor()
functionality. We could just bring in all of pkgutil.py. Or we remove
lookfor(). Or we document it as working with Python 2.5 only.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
 -- Umberto Eco