[Numpy-discussion] A basic question about swig and Numeric

Wed Sep 24 17:34:10 CDT 2008

Michel Dupront wrote:
> I have a c++ function that take as argument a std::vector.
>>From python I want to call the c++ function with an array
> object. For that purpose I want to write a typemap.

Have you seen the SWIG typemaps that come with numpy?:

...\site-packages\numpy\doc\swig

They are designed to work with plain old fashioned C arrays(pointers),
but you can either learn form them, or write a little C++ that takes a C
pointer and size, creates a vector, and calls your existing functions.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax