[Numpy-discussion] profiling line by line

Fernando Perez fperez.net@gmail....
Sat Sep 27 13:47:48 CDT 2008

On Sat, Sep 27, 2008 at 1:31 AM, Robert Kern <robert.kern@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Mmh, should we ship this out of the box in ipython?  The  C dependency
>> is the only thing that  gives me a bit of pause.  There goes our pure
>> C, easy to build binaries for... On the other  hand, me wants :)

s/pure C/pure Python/ grr...

>> What's your take on that?
>
> I'd prefer not to. The exclusion of C modules is an eminently
> reasonable one. You would inevitably make it optional, and my opinion
> is that optional functionality is best handled by separate packages.

Agreed.  Not having C dependencies simplifies lots of things for us.
If we ever gain an unavoidable one, we can then revisit this.

> Feel free to add it as "highly recommended" in the IPython
> installation instructions, though.  :-)

Most certainly will.  It would be better to have a more stable
release/download link than your hg repo.  Do you have a page or a
Pypi link for it yet?  A little readme?

Cheers,