[Numpy-discussion] numpy installation as non root using site.cfg

pgmoses pgmoses@engineering.ucsb....
Mon Sep 29 11:52:47 CDT 2008

Thank you Robert

It is now possible for me to install numpy. I get an error with the
defaults libraries, which I have reported in a pending mail to the mailen
list. Then I tried to use the intel mkl libraries in this way:

[mkl]
library_dirs = /opt/intel/mkl70/lib/32
mkl_libs = mkl, guide
lapack_libs = mkl_lapack
include_dirs = /opt/intel/mkl70/include

I can still install numpy but when I import numpy I get an error.
pgmoses@head ~]$ python
Python 2.5.2 (r252:60911, Sep 26 2008, 14:15:17)
[GCC 3.2.3 20030502 (Red Hat Linux 3.2.3-53)] on linux2
>>> import numpy
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/data/pgmoses/lib/python/numpy/__init__.py", line 103, in <module>
    import linalg
File "/data/pgmoses/lib/python/numpy/linalg/__init__.py", line 4, in
<module>
    from linalg import *
File "/data/pgmoses/lib/python/numpy/linalg/linalg.py", line 29, in
<module>
    from numpy.linalg import lapack_lite
ImportError: /data/pgmoses/lib/python/numpy/linalg/lapack_lite.so:
undefined symbol: dgesdd_

It seem like my inclusion of the mkl libraries did not work, since it is
trying to use lapack_lite.so. I was my impression that it should work any
way. What is the underlying problem here?

Best regards,

Poul Georg Moses