[Numpy-discussion] should tests use assert?

Alan G Isaac aisaac@american....
Mon Sep 29 14:29:18 CDT 2008

Charles R Harris wrote:
> What if someone abuses assert in production code, how are you going to
> catch that without using -OO? Assert abuse seems to be a common bug...

Thanks for having this discussion in public;
it has been interesting.

Chuck's last point above gave me my first real sense of
what he might be concerned about.  Until then Robert's
and Francesco's responses seemed quite complete to me.

Thank you,
Alan Isaac