[Numpy-discussion] xml-rpc with numpy arrays

Sebastien Binet hep.sebastien.binet@gmail....
Tue Sep 30 17:42:44 CDT 2008

Lisandro,

On Tuesday 30 September 2008 15:24:56 Lisandro Dalcin wrote:
> Sebastien, numpy arrays are picklable; so no need to register them
> with copy_reg. I believe the actual problem with xmlrpclib is that it
> uses the marshal protocol (only supports core builtin types), and not
> the pickle protocol.
yeah... Robert pointed it to me that as xmlrpc is meant for cross-language RPC,
sending python objects over the wire isn't so useful, hence the usage of marshal
instead of pickle.

cheers,
sebastien.

--