[Numpy-discussion] [ANN] Numpy 1.3.0rc2

Robert Pyle rpyle@post.harvard....
Fri Apr 3 15:26:28 CDT 2009

On Apr 3, 2009, at 1:10 PM, David Cournapeau wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 4, 2009 at 1:44 AM, Robert Pyle <rpyle@post.harvard.edu>
> wrote:
>

>> PPC G5, Mac OS X 10.5.6
>>
>> Installing from source for my usual python (EPD Py25 4.1.30101) went
>> smoothly and numpy.test() passed.
>
> That's confusing. I have no idea why this works - or maybe EPD loads
> numpy as installed in the python.org binary ?

I should have been clearer:  I performed two installations, from the
source tarball for EPD, and from the OS X installer for the python.org
2.5 python.

>> I guess EPD python already has nose, but python.org does not?

After I installed nose for the python.org 2.5, numpy.test() runs
perfectly, that is,

Ran 2030 tests in 13.710s

OK (KNOWNFAIL=2, SKIP=1)
<nose.result.TextTestResult run=2030 errors=0 failures=0>

Bob