[Numpy-discussion] Got: "undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS2_FromUnicode" error

Robert Kern robert.kern@gmail....
Wed Apr 8 03:09:13 CDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 03:05, charlie <charlie.xia.fdu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I got the  "undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS2_FromUnicode" error when
> importing numpy.
>
> I have my own non-root version of python 2.5.4 final installed with
> --prefix=$HOME/usr.
> PYTHONHOME=$HOME/usr;
> PYTHONPATH="$PYTHONHOME/lib:$PYTHONHOME/lib/python2.5/site-packages/"
> install and import other modules works fine.
> I install numpy-1.3.0rc2 from the svn repository with "python setup.py
> install"
> then import numpy results in following error:

Are you sure you are using the same python executable to build and run
this installation of numpy? This problem is always caused by this.

--
Robert Kern

though it had an underlying truth."
  -- Umberto Eco