[Numpy-discussion] DVCS at PyCon

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Thu Apr 9 01:04:37 CDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 3:34 AM, Ondrej Certik <ondrej@certik.cz> wrote:

> Yes.

Do you have any windows developers (I am sorry, I am not familiar at
all with sympy)?

My main concern with git are:
 - you may need the command line
 - the index can be confusing (you can avoid learning it at first, but
still some errors won't make sense before you get it).
 - git is not discoverable (you need to read some documentation)

I tend to think those problems are not that big, and the concern
raised on python ML way overblown - but I learned the tool, and I
don't think anyone wants to alienate any numpy/scipy developer.

cheers,

David