[Numpy-discussion] help getting started

John Seales praxbaffle@hotmail....
Fri Apr 10 12:30:18 CDT 2009

Intel mac.
Python 2.6.

I'm trying to start using numpy and scipy, and am having trouble.

I'm trying to install numpy following the instructions on http://scipy.org/Installing_SciPy/Mac_OS_X .

when I give the python setup.py build command, it doesn't work. Here's my interaction at the terminal:

john-seales-computer:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy johnseales$ python setup.py build

This is the wrong setup.py file to run
john-seales-computer:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packages/numpy

Anybody have any ideas how I can get up and runnng?