[Numpy-discussion] Python version dependency

Sat Apr 11 10:58:53 CDT 2009

Hi All,

Sturla Molden has a patch adding offset support to memmap. However... the
feature requires Python 2.5 and above. The Python version is checked for in
the code but I am wondering if we want to do that sort of thing. Using
advanced features here and there doesn't bother me too much as long as they
are marked with a grepable signature like "REMOVE_IN_FUTURE" so the code
doesn't accumulate too much crud. On the other hand, maybe we should just
wait until python 2.5 becomes a requirement of numpy.

Thoughts?

Chuck