[Numpy-discussion] Compiling for free on Windows32

Wed Apr 15 11:44:42 CDT 2009

Hi,

There is a Python limitation for the compiler. if you have 2.5 or
less, you're stuck with VS2003, if you have 2.6, you can use 2008 (or
2005, I don't remember). If you use numscons, you can go with any of
them (at your own risks).
You can also use mingw.

For scipy, you have to use mingw, because there is no other free
Fortran compiler.

Matthieu

Information System Engineer, Ph.D.
Website: http://matthieu-brucher.developpez.com/