[Numpy-discussion] Compiling for free on Windows32

David Cournapeau cournape@gmail....
Thu Apr 16 10:25:54 CDT 2009

> We need to be able to run both projects concurrently on the same grid.
> Setuptools + eggs allows this to happen. If we used .exe installers then
> we could only have one single version of any given dependancy at any
> time and so we would not be able to run the two projects in paralell.

I think you are misunderstanding my suggestion - it would be strictly
equivalent to installing an egg, because easy_install can build an egg
from the .exe automatically. Numpy is installed as an egg from the
.exe if you use easy_install. In particular you can use parallel
multi-versions.

cheers,

David