[Numpy-discussion] numpy Mac binary for Python 2.6

Tue Apr 21 15:24:57 CDT 2009

Russell E. Owen wrote:
>  Christopher Barker <Chris.Barker@noaa.gov> wrote:
>> Has anyone submitted these patches so they'll get into bdist_mpkg? I'm
>> guessing Ronald Oussoren would be the person to accept them, but you can
>> post to the MacPython list to be sure.
>>
>> -Chris
>
> I have not, but would be happy to -- but where? The bdist_mpkg home
> pagem<http://undefined.org/python/#bdist_mpkg> doesn't seem to list a
> bug tracker.

bdist_mpkg is a part of py2app, which was written by Bob Ippolito, but
is now kin dof orphaned. Ronald has access to the repository and has
been  applying small patches. He has talked about rolling it into the
pyObjC project, which would give it a real home.

In the meantime, posting it to PythonMac list will probably do it, and
maybe cc Ronald just to make sure.

Thanks,

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker@noaa.gov