[Numpy-discussion] numpy.int32 -> double?

Bruce Sherwood bruce.sherwood@gmail....
Tue Apr 28 12:32:31 CDT 2009

I'm not sure this is the right forum for my question; it's quite possible
that this is a Boost question.

VPython (vpython.org) is the name of Python plus the 3D Visual module, which
is mostly written in C++ and connected to Python using the Boost libraries.
Visual imports numpy.

When I build Visual for Python 2.6 and numpy 1.3.0, I get a failure on
something that works on Python 2.5 with numpy 1.2.1. There is a
vector(double,double,double) class in Visual which now fails if handed
numpy.int32 arguments (works fine with numpy.float64 arguments). I was using
Boost 1.35 with Python 2.5 and am using Boost 1.38 with Python 2.6.

Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

Bruce Sherwood