[Numpy-discussion] [ANN] IPython 0.10 is out.
Wed Aug 5 01:48:07 CDT 2009
on behalf of the IPython development team, I'm happy to announce that
we've just put out IPython 0.10 final. Many thanks to all those who
contributed ideas, bug reports and code.
You can download it from the usual location:
- http://ipython.scipy.org/moin/Download: direct links to various formats
- http://ipython.scipy.org/dist: all files are stored here.
The official documentation for this release can be found at:
- http://ipython.scipy.org/doc/rel-0.10/html: as HTML pages.
- http://ipython.scipy.org/doc/rel-0.10/ipython.pdf: as a single PDF.
In brief, this release gathers all recent work and in a sense closes a
cycle of the current useful-but-internally-messy structure of the
IPython code. We are now well into the work of a major internal
cleanup that will inevitably change some APIs and will likely take
some time to stabilize, so the 0.10 release should be used for a while
until the dust settles on the development branch.
The 0.10 release fixes many bugs, including some very problematic ones
(a major memory leak with repeated %run is closed), and also brings a
number of new features, stability improvements and improved
documentation. Some highlights:
- Improved WX-based ipythonx and ipython-wx tools, suitable for
embedding into other applications and standalone use.
- Better interactive demos with the IPython.demo module.
- Refactored ipcluster with support for local execution, MPI, PBS and
systems with SSH key access preconfigured.
- Integration with the TextMate editor in the %edit command.
The full release notes are available here with all the details:
We hope you enjoy it, please report any problems as usual either on
the mailing list, or by filing a bug report at our Launchpad tracker:
The IPython team.
More information about the NumPy-Discussion