[Numpy-discussion] adaptive sampling of an interval or plane

Brian Granger ellisonbg.net@gmail....
Wed Aug 12 14:20:17 CDT 2009

We should also talk to Ondrej about this at SciPy.  Both sympy (through
mpmath) and mpmath have matplotlib based function plotting.  I don't think
it is adaptive, but I know mpmath can handle singularities.  Also, Ondrej is
doing doing his graduate with with a group that does adaptive finite
elements, so he would also be familiar with such algorithms.  I am sure that
sympy and mpmath (Sage too as well) would be some of the main users of
function plotting and would love to see this happen.

Cheers,

Brian